Saturday, December 6, 2008

IN THIS CORNERRRRRR - WEIGHING IN AT 147 lbs. - OSCAR DE LA HOYA!




There's the big welterweight fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena tonight: 35 year old Oscar De La Hoya and 29 year old Manny Pacquiao. If I had any money, my bets would be on "The Golden Boy," and I'd be watching it couch-side (if I had a couch) on PayPerView for $49.95. Good luck Oscar, I'm in your corner.

* This is a 5'x6' painting I did of the 1996, Oscar De La Hoya / Julio Cesar Chavez fight which ended in the 3rd round - a TKO De La Hoya.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So much fuss about Oscar since then. He seems like such a sweetheart to me. This is one awesome painting.

I love the piece of blue on the back of Oscar's neck. And the brighter one atop his head.

I'm glad his lovely face only had to go the three rounds.