Sunday, November 16, 2008

ANY DAY NOW




"Songbirds caroled in dulcet grace, while snowflakes gathered in bolts of lace."

Any day now, the snow will start to fall; this cartoon is my reminder to self that its beauty far outweighs its bother. So, when my car is iced shut at 6:30 in the morning, the city plows have dumped a four foot high frozen barrier at the end of my driveway, and my bones and muscles ache for Summer's sun, I will not grumble; I will remember that its beauteousness trumps its inconvenience.

* I drew this cartoon a few Christmases, several frozen car doors, and countless shoveled driveways ago.


     

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Spared, we were, in 2010, unlike many south of us.

And one red cardinal--I suspect he's gay--has visited me many times, to share the season.